Centre for Social Action (CSA), is a student volunteer body that aims for the development of society and works collectively towards the better future of today's society. Established in 1999, in the Bangalore campus, CSA is a novel organization for the Delhi NCR campus, started in the year 2019. CSA, is a 'Students Movement for a Humane and Just Society' where student communities are sensitized on various issues affecting the poor and the marginalized sections of society. CSA works towards promoting the value of Social Responsibility amongst the student community. With the support of volunteers, faculty, and full-time development professionals, CSA is strongly engaged in addressing issues related to child rights, socio-economic development of women, youths and farmers, livelihood, community mobilization, and environment/climate change issues.
CSA’s vision is to make every student aware, sensitive, empathetic, and contributing to sustainable changes in society. It is a centre for promoting volunteerism and enabling students to develop as socially responsible citizens through developmental initiatives.
CSA is a centre for promoting volunteerism and enabling students to develop as socially responsible citizens through developmental initiatives.
The Centre for Social Action aims at the development of an individual holistically while they invest their best efforts to lift society as a whole. We ensure that no one is left behind in terms of growth, sustainability, utilization of resources and strives for equity in caste, colour, creed, gender and sex. CSA teaches the students to be responsible and respectful towards society and to work for a cause. We cater to issues of contemporary significance and aim to work towards solutions for these issues.
Our Objectives are:
• To enhance awareness among the student community on social issues
• To empower students with capacities by creating opportunities for their holistic development by involving them in social/community action
• To collaborate with internal and external partners for funding support for improved quality of life for the underprivileged community
• To strengthen University-Community relationships and demonstrate innovative and sustainable human development models
• To provide platforms for research on academic, human development issues and facilitate capacity building/training
1. Child Sponsorship Program: The “Educate a Child” Sponsorship Programme was the first initiative of CSA to create a sense of responsibility among the student community at CHRIST (Deemed to be University). It was started in the year 2019 in the NCR campus by supporting 11 children. With the contributions made by the volunteers we aim to sponsor 30 children in 2022 given the covid restraints. Across all CHRIST campuses, today CSA is able to cater to the educational needs of about more than 800+ children annually.
2. Neev & Buniyad: Education is not a matter of charity but a matter of right. The initiative of the centre was taken by CSA for the cause of providing quality education and assisting in development of primary level children. The establishment is located in Bombay Colony & Nai Basti, Ghaziabad and consists of a computer training centre, a tuition centre, toilets and a kitchen. A total of one hundred twenty students are enrolled in total in both the centres. The primary aim is not only to impart quality education but also to provide bridge courses to students and prepare/register them for formal education.
3. Cov-Help: The second wave of the surge in COVID-19 infections carried along with pangs of suffrage, an eerie of panic, gloom and despair was a cause of distress many individuals. We at CHRIST (Deemed to be University) are taught to tail down the paths of Excellence and Service. Hence, the Centre of Social Action, CHRIST (Deemed to be University) Delhi NCR decided to curate a website wherein people not only can find assistance and information concerning COVID-19 but can also find a ray of hope. Such a qualitative approach distinguishes our initiative. The website acts as a support network for all, with a Pan-India network of important resources, verified websites and organizations for hospital beds, COVID medication, plasma donors and oxygen cylinders as well as the latest information on symptoms, precautions,
myth-busting, home remedies, vaccination etc. The information available is from authentic sources and all the resources are verified and is updated regularly based on feedback and suggestions. https://covhelpncr.wixsite.com/cov-help
4. CSA has been organizing Blood Donation and Health Camp keeping in mind the Health and Well being of all.
1. Women's Day - On the occasion of international women's day , we impart information about relevant topics to the women of project area.
2. Udaan - CSA organises Christmas carnival to spread the Christmas cheer and make sure it reaches our project area children .An effort is also made to instill the values of kindness and sharing among the student volunteers.
3. Navarambh - It is a one week celebration in the campus and outside for promoting new beginnings. Navarambh fills the campus with bustling activities for the underprivileged children of our project area and helps spreading hope among them. The event also focusses on giving back to the society and addressing issues of social concern.
MS.Shaila Manoj Varghese
Mariam Nagar, Meerut Road, Delhi NCR
Ghaziabad - 201003
EXCELLENCE AND SERVICE
CHRIST (Deemed to be University) is a nurturing ground for an individual's holistic development to make effective contribution to the society in a dynamic environment.