The primary objectives of IQAC at CHRIST (Deemed to be University) shall be:
- Developing a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the Institution.
- Promotion of measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
- Ensuring Timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- Relevance and quality for academic and research programmes.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
- Assuring and enhancing the credibility of evaluation procedures.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services.
- Sharing of research findings and networking with other Institutions in India and Abroad.
The functional activities of IQAC at CHRIST (Deemed to be University) will include:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the Institution.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality.
- Development of Quality Culture in the Institution.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement.
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture.
- Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the Institution and institutionalize all good practices.
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning.
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in the Institution.v
- Build an organised methodology of documentation and internal communication.